COVID-19 VALUATIONS/APPRAISALS – CHECKLIST
Below is our checklist of how our valuations/appraisals will be carried out to comply with government guidelines:
- Our policy is, where possible, to initially only carry out virtual valuations/appraisals. We will only attend the property if a virtual appraisal is not possible.
- Prior to attending, we will require you to confirm if you or anyone in your household are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, are self-isolating or are shielding. Unless you can answer no to all of these, we will delay attending the property until such time as you can.
- If you are not shielding but are clinically vulnerable, we would recommend that, if at all possible, you have a substitute attend in your place.
- We will travel by foot or in a private vehicle. We will not take public transport.
- Please don’t be offended if we don’t shake your hand or accept any refreshments.
- We will attend using face masks and gloves and will keep our appointment time to a minimum. We will be carrying hand sanitiser and will clean our hands before and after every appointment.
- While attending the property, all members of the household should remain outside the property. If this is not possible, all members of the household should remain in one room and maintain social distancing from our valuer while our valuer is in the property.
- Where possible, all conversations should take place outside using social distancing guidelines.
- Please ensure that all doors are open. Any door handles, keys, cupboards or surfaces that need to be touched should be cleaned in advance. We will operate a “no touch” policy.
- We will not leave any physical marketing materials or business cards. All documentation will be sent digitally.
We will look to minimise inconvenience as much as possible while operating at all times within government guidelines, which can be read here.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Coulters December 2020